Sauté de bœuf et de brocoli aux ramens
Publié le 3 novembre 2023 par: Être Heureux
The Birth of Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
It may sound humorous now, but back in 2020, we stocked up on ramen noodles out of concerns about food shortages, a sentiment many families could relate to. While we didn’t typically use ramen, our stockpile led us to explore creative and delectable ways to make use of it. So, you could say that the challenging year of 2020 gifted us with the creation of this Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry recipe.
Ramen Stir Fry became a home run in our household. My son couldn’t get enough of it and even declared it to be tastier than his beloved Panda Express. I prepared it twice in a single week, and he devoured every last bite. P.S. It reheats beautifully the next day.
Ingredients for Ramen Stir Fry
- Beef – We opted for 1 lb of flank steak, but top sirloin makes for a great substitute. Thinly sliced boneless pork loin chops can also be used.
- Broccoli – A generous pound of broccoli makes this a well-rounded meal (see vegetable substitution options below).
- Dill and Chives – These are optional garnishes but come highly recommended.
- Stir Fry Sauce – Grated fresh ginger and garlic combined with brown sugar, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, and black pepper. The cornstarch is the key to the sauce’s perfect thickness and sauciness.
Selecting the Best Ramen Noodles for Stir Fry
- Instant Ramen Soup Packets – It’s most convenient to use two standard 3.5 oz packages of instant ramen noodles (any brand). Discard the seasoning packets and cook the noodles in water according to the package instructions.
- Organic Ramen Noodles – We found organic ramen noodles at our local grocery store, and they worked well. However, they tend to become a bit mushy upon reheating.
- Cup Noodles – In a pinch, you can make it work with 4 cup noodles. Rinse off the seasonings in water, then boil in water for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
How to Prepare Ramen Stir Fry
- Cook Ramen Noodles – Boil them in water for 3 minutes or as per the package instructions, then drain and rinse with cold water to halt the cooking process.
- Make Stir Fry Sauce – Combine all the stir fry sauce ingredients in a large measuring cup and stir to dissolve the sugar. Using warm water will expedite the dissolution process.
- Cook Broccoli – Steam the broccoli with 2 Tbsp of water, covered with a lid, for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until it reaches a crisp-tender texture. Then, transfer the broccoli to a separate plate.
- Sear Beef – Cook the beef in a single layer for 2 minutes per side, stirring once. It’s advisable to use a large skillet to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Add Sauce – Once the sauce is incorporated, simmer for 3-4 minutes to allow the flavors of the garlic and ginger to meld and the sauce to thicken.
- Combine and Serve – Reintroduce the broccoli and cooked ramen to the pan, and serve, garnished with sesame seeds and chives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I substitute broccoli?
Feel free to get creative and replace the broccoli with snap peas or chopped asparagus.
Can I make this in a wok?
Certainly! You can use a large, heavy skillet or a wok for this stir fry. You’ll still need to cook the ramen separately.
Can I use dried ginger?
While fresh ginger provides the best flavor, you can substitute 1/4 tsp of ground ginger for 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger in a pinch.
Can I substitute the sesame oil?
We haven’t discovered a suitable substitute that imparts the same flavor as sesame oil. It’s a crucial ingredient for achieving those beloved Asian takeout flavors.
- To Refrigerate: Allow the stir fry to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days.
- To Reheat: Sprinkle a little water and toss it in a warm skillet until it’s heated through, or reheat in the microwave until it’s piping hot. Adding a bit of water will help maintain the stir fry’s moisture and sauciness.
Beef and Broccoli Ramen stir fry is the ultimate way to elevate an ordinary packet of ramen noodles. We hope it entices you to fall in love with ramen noodle stir fry and make the most of your ramen stash if you have one.
Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients:
- Begin by cooking the ramen, so it’s ready when you need it. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Add the ramen noodles and cook for 3 minutes, breaking them up with a spatula. Drain and rinse with cold water, then set them aside.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Place a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add 1 Tbsp of oil, 6 cups of broccoli, and 2 Tbsp of water. Cover with a lid and sauté for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until it reaches a crisp-tender texture. Transfer the broccoli to a separate dish.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add 1 Tbsp of oil. Add the beef in a single layer and sauté for 2 minutes per side, or just until it’s cooked through, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Stir the sauce if it has separated, then add it to the pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. It will thicken. Return the broccoli to the pan along with the cooked noodles and stir or toss to combine and coat the noodles in sauce. Add 1 to 2 Tbsp of water to the sauce to thin it if desired. Serve garnished with sesame seeds and chives.